Friday, February 3, 2012

This is Just so Painful to Watch


Just recently, actress Anne Curtis staged a huge concert at the Smart Araneta Coliseum, entitled: "Annebisyosa: No Other Concert". The concert (named after her album) featured mostly Anne's covers of songs by different artists, both foreign and local. At one point, she sang her version of Adele's "Someone Like You", a notoriously difficult song to sing. I did not really watch the concert (as if I even wanted to), but the video above is enough reason for me to be thankful that I didn't. 

This is just a proof of the sorry state of Philippine showbizness. Here in the Philippines, looks are far more important than talent. Before Anne Curtis, there have been lots of other artists who have also come up with their own albums, despite the total lack of talent for singing. But rabid fans of these looks-over-talent "artists" do actually buy these albums. I was even surprised that Anne Curtis actually had the guts to stage a concert at the "Big Dome", let alone release an album. It is sad that someone like Anne Curtis was actually able to stage this huge concert (and people were actually willing to pay for their tickets), while there are so many talented singers out there who sing in hotels or small bars and restaurants who would never in their lifetime even come close to having a concert as huge as this one. 

I have completely lost my faith in Philippine showbizness. Now excuse me while I go mourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...