Friday, March 21, 2014

Lunch Break Adventures: Peanut Butter Company

While scouring the Makati area one day for a place where I could buy food to take out and eat back at my desk (yes, we usually eat at our desk), I came across this little shop called Peanut Butter Company, located at the Paseo Center, a small, mall-ish place with different food stalls and restaurants along Paseo de Roxas Avenue. 

At first glance, one might think it's the same establishment as this New York-based sandwich shop well-known for selling really delicious sandwich spreads (which are available locally at some supermarkets, by the way). After doing a bit of research, I found out that Peanut Butter Company is Filipino-owned, and they opened their first shop in 2009.

I've managed to buy food here on two separate occasions already. The first time, I ordered a combo meal, consisting of a sandwich, pasta, and a large drink, which cost me P215.


What's interesting about Peanut Butter Company is that they use peanut butter as an ingredient in almost all their dishes, and this Classic Spaghetti is no exception. According to their Facebook page, this one is made with meat sauce and Sun-dried Tomato Peanut Butter. The peanut butter that they added gave it a different texture from regular spaghetti, and the peanut butter blends well with the tomato sauce. 


I had this Roast Beef Sandwich to go with the pasta. Of course, this one has peanut butter in it, too. This one was surprisingly good, although a bit messy to eat. The serving size is huge, too--and I only got half a sandwich, mind you.

A week after, I decided to get lunch here again, and I wanted to get something different this time, so I ordered a rice meal.


The Fish Diablo that I ordered actually looks like kare-kare, don't you think? Well, that's what I was reminded of when I first saw it. So, just as I was about to take my first bite, I was bracing myself for the peanut butter-y flavor that you'd expect from kare-kare, and from an establishment that uses peanut butter in a lot of their dishes. However, it was actually pretty bland, with just a hint of spicyness. I wasn't really too happy with this one. I probably won't order it again.


Yep, that Fish Diablo (with additional egg) set me back P185. Expensive, isn't it? For something so expensive, I was actually expecting a lot more. Oh well. I think they'd better stick to sandwiches and pasta.

Peanut Butter Company
Ground floor, Paseo Center, Paseo de Roxas Avenue, Makati City
Other branch: Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City
Facebook Page: Peanut Butter Company

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...