Thursday, June 5, 2014

My First Morielli's Inn and Diner Experience


We had our company team-building session in Batangas recently, where we stayed overnight at a resort in the town of Talisay, just along the shores of the Taal Lake. Before travelling back to Manila, my co-workers and I headed over to Tagaytay for lunch, which is around 30 minutes away via a 9-kilometer long road with steep climbs and sudden twists and turns. After that slightly nerve-racking ride, we finally reached our destination: Morielli's Inn and Diner.


If you're travelling on the Silang-Tagaytay Road from Sta. Rosa, to get to the place you have to turn left upon reaching the end of the road. Travel a bit further on and you will see Morielli's on the right side of the road.

We--our large group of 14--pretty much had the place to ourselves. The restaurant was fairly empty except for another table occupied by a lone (male) diner. Since it was my first time to try this place (I've never even heard of it before--we usually turn right after reaching the end of the Silang-Tagaytay road), I'm not exactly sure if the place is normally empty, or maybe because it was a weekday.

The restaurant wasn't ostentatiously-decorated unlike some of the "trendy" restaurants we have nowadays. Decorations were simple and kept at a minimum, giving the place a homelier feel. I actually quite liked it.

Now, on to the food and drink:

Their "crowd favorite" (according to their menu) Bottomless Iced Tea (P55). It surely tastes different from other iced teas, but it was a little too sweet for me.


Dinuguan w/ 2 pcs Puto (P98). I think pretty much everyone in our group loved it that we had to order more of it. One of the best putos I've ever tried! 


Their Chopsuey (P189) is another one of their specialties. Yum!


I don't eat fish that much so I never got to try this Fried Tilapia w/ Side Salad (P140). Can't comment on this one.


The Lechon ala Morielli's (P190) was okay, but I felt like it lacked something to make it stand out from all other lechons. Nothing too special about it, really. I loved the achara though.


What's a trip to Tagaytay without having bulalo? Unfortunately, Morielli's Bulalo (P280) failed to impress me. It was bland and lacking in flavor. I had better bulalo at another place when I was at Tagaytay with my family a few days prior.


By the end of the meal everyone was already so full but I was one of the few who was brave enough to order dessert. They don't have that many choices for dessert, but Creme Brulee (P85) was one of them. Great way to end the meal!

It's apparently customary for Morielli's to give first-time diners a little present after the meal. Since all of us in the group were first time-diners, we all got this certificate with descriptions such as the origin of the person's name or a little description about that person. We had fun sharing to each other what was on the certificates! The descriptions were fairly accurate, too. Thanks, Morielli's!


Morielli's Inn and Diner
Calamba Rd. cor. St. Francis Drive, Tagaytay City
Restaurant hours: 7:30 AM-10:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...