Monday, December 1, 2014

Rosanjin Japanese Restaurant: The Silent Fighter


Amidst the much-hyped shops and restaurants at SM Megamall's new Mega Fashion Hall, one restaurant, called Rosanjin Japanese Restaurant, seems to prefer to stay out of the spotlight and would rather let the food do the talking. Do a quick Google search and you won't really find lots of info about it; they don't even have a website, though they do have a Facebook page that only gets updated every few days or so. All I've gathered from a few minutes of research is that the restaurant is named after a Japanese artist who passed away in 1959.

We were at the restaurant during the supposedly busy dinner hours (on the Saturday right after payday) but as the photo above shows, the restaurant was fairly quiet. Would-be diners didn't have to deal with long queues and overcrowding, which may be off-putting to some people. 


I really loved the interiors! Everything about it screams "legit". It reminded me of some of the restaurants I saw during my trip to Tokyo earlier this year. 


Rosanjin has a fairly extensive selection of dishes, and they specialize in set meals (although you can also order some of the dishes a la carte). I was pleasantly surprised at how reasonable their prices are! Most of their set meals are at the P300-P400 mark. Click here to see their menu.

Not too long after placing our order (maybe around 5-10 minutes later), some of the food we ordered began to arrive. Very impressive!


I got to try a bit of my mom's Tonkotsu Ramen (P280) which is apparently one of their signature dishes. I absolutely loved it! 


Two pieces of Crab Stick Sushi (P120). Good, but nothing too special.


My dad's Grilled Salmon Set (P390). This set meal includes one main dish, two side dishes, a bowl of "Japanese stew", and unlimited rice.


My brother and I both had the Special Burger Steak Set (P390)  which also had similar sides. I just wish they had something for dessert included in the set though. 


Looks good, doesn't it? Their burger steak is made with wagyu beef which sets it apart from the usual burger steaks. The beef is juicy, tender and very tasty. The sauce on top of it is quite good, too. I highly recommend this one. Amazing!


Overall, dining here was a pleasant experience. While they seem to be happy not relying on hype to attract more customers, I think they should at least do something to step up their game--their Facebook page would be a good start. This place has a lot of potential.

I will be back for sure!

Rosanjin Japanese Restaurant
3/F Mega Fashion Hall, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...