Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sit Back and Take a Sip: Sip Milk Tea at Pearl Plaza, Ortigas Center


Let's be honest here: I am not really much of a milk tea fan. Despite the sudden milk tea craze last year with all those milk tea shops popping out of nowhere (like, literally), I never really did give milk tea much of a try--they all seemed to be the same to me. The ones I've tried never really impressed me much too--either they were too ridiculously sweet or the flavor was just too strong that I'd end up getting a headache after drinking.  After these negative experiences with milk tea I figured I'd just stay away from these milk tea shops and wait for the craze to die down altogether, and wait until the next food craze which would hopefully be more appealing for me.

The counter
An important meeting, however, led me back to another one of these milk tea places, this time at Sip Milk Tea, located at the ground floor of the Pearl Plaza Building along Pearl Drive, Ortigas Center. I ordered a large Caramel Milk Tea (which turned out to be one of their signature drinks), which, at P100, doesn't really stray much from the price range of other milk tea shops out there. 

One word to describe it though: AMAZING.

Unlike the other milk teas I've tried, the flavor wasn't too strong that I'd end up getting a headache after drinking (I don't really know why this happens, but, yeah--it does). The coffee jelly topping really went well with the caramel milk tea too, giving your drink that extra flavor that is neither too overpowering nor too bland. 

This store only had four tables
If you're hungry, you could buy food, too. On their menu, they have chicken chops, honeycomb waffles, and veggie spring roll. Based on the feedback that I got from one of the people I was in a meeting with, the waffles and rolls were actually quite good. Hmm, maybe I should try that next time. 

Large Caramel Milk Tea for P100
Would putting "Philippine-made" really make a difference (compared to other milk teas)? Maybe for some people it would.
On the wall
I actually liked the overall look and feel of the place. It had that calming effect on me, probably because of the white paint together with just the right amount of bright colors. Did I mention that the place has really good free internet connection, too? This is definitely a great alternative place for those who just want to study or work alone or when you just want to get lost in cyberworld. I just hope they'd get a better exhaust system though--whenever they'd cook, say, their Chicken Chops for example, smoke and the smell of fried food would easily fill the place.

I would definitely want to give this place another try soon--kudos to them!

(Sip Milk Tea has stores at the following locations: Pearl Plaza Building, Robinsons Galleria, Dr. Quintos Street Malate, SM Manila, SM Sucat, and E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue. For more information, please visit their website or like them on Facebook.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...