Wednesday, December 19, 2012

So Far So Good: Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562

It has only been a couple of weeks and I must say, I'm really satisfied with my new phone, a white Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. 

The S7562 in white. It is also available in black. 

After using my old Nokia N85 for about three years now, I figured it was finally time to get my very own smartphone. I mean--Smartphones are the "in" thing now, right? Prior to getting a new phone, I could only watch in envy as a lot of people I know upload their photos on Instagram, or use the coolest apps for whatever reason. 

Originally, it was a toss-up between the Samsung Galaxy SIII, or the iPhone 5. I was already really leaning towards the iPhone 5 (which is why it took me so long to decide to get a new phone), since I thought the SIII was a bit too big for my pocket. I first thought that the iPhone 5 would be launched in the Philippines in November (as someone had told me so), but the month of November passed and there was still no word on the iPhone 5 launch in the country. Even if the iPhone 5 were already to be launched, as I was to find out later on, getting one soon after its launch would be quite difficult because of the long waiting list. It wouldn't exactly be cheap, either. Ugh, never mind, I said. 


But then, the S7562 (which was officially released in the country last November) came along. My mom was recently issued a black unit by the company where she works, and I was able to take a nice, long look at it, enough for me to be convinced that this was the phone for me. Priced at just around P12,500-P13,500, it wasn't exactly heavy on the pocket (figuratively and literally--the phone is actually pretty light!). 


The phone is powered by the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Os, the latest version of the Android platform. It has a 4GB storage capacity and comes equipped with a 5-megapixel camera (for the rear) with LED Flash and autofocus, as well as a VGA 30fps video recorder. It also has a pretty large 4-inch touchscreen with 400x800 display resolution and 16M color depth. The battery life is about 445 hours on standby and has a talk time of up to 780 minutes. 

Now, who says you have to shell out lots of money just to get a cool smartphone? 

(For more information, please visit the official Samsung page)

(P.S. Did you know that Samsung has been named as the top mobile phone brand for 2012? Click  this Yahoo article to find out more!)

2 comments:

  1. i bought this phone six months back and working great. regarding regarding mobile specs , its awsome, but only problem is while connecting with PC, as it is connected with samsung kies, it always shows MTP driver is not available. thats the only problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I don't think I've ever run into this problem whenever I connect my phone to my laptop. Maybe you should have your phone checked to see what's wrong?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...