Friday, November 8, 2013

Baby Got Ribs: Little John's Convenience Outpost in Baguio City

If there is one particular restaurant in Baguio City that you shouldn't miss out on and I highly suggest that you visit, then that place would be Little John's Convenience Outpost, located at the Mile Hi Center within Camp John Hay. This place serves one of the best Baby Back Ribs you'll probably ever try, and I'm not exaggerating. Try looking around while you're there and you'll see that that's what almost everyone is ordering. Take note of the very satisfied look on their faces, too.


My family and I first fell in love with their Baby Back Ribs during our trip to Baguio last year (check out my blog entry here) and after that, we just knew we couldn't miss out on the chance to dine here again the next time we get the chance to go to Baguio. 


This year, Little John's was the first restaurant we went to, after an exhausting 8-hour road trip. Unfortunately though, we arrived during the off-peak hours (it was already around 2 pm), and they were all out of ribs. We were told that if we wanted the ribs, we would have to wait until 6 pm. We were just so tired and hungry that we just ordered other items on their menu instead. I saw this as a chance to try their Vegetable Lasagna which I've been wanting to try since last year. 

Since we arrived at around 2 pm, the restaurant wasn't so crowded. Last year, we couldn't get a table right away and we had to wait for quite a while before there was a vacancy. On the blog post I made last year, I also complained about the restaurant being understaffed, with only one person as the cashier and another one who would bring the food to the tables AND clean up the tables after the customers would leave. They've already corrected this issue this year, and even during the off-peak hours there were more than enough waiters and busboys on standby.

To keep customers entertained while waiting for the food, crayons are provided at each table and customers can draw on the paper placemats. Some of the drawings I saw this year were the same ones I saw last year, but of course there were some new ones as well.

My dad and brother each had a serving of Beef Tapa with Egg.

My mom, meanwhile ordered Sinigang na Salmon Head, which is one of her favorite dishes.

I finally got to try their Vegetable Lasagna! To be honest though, it turned out to be different from how I thought it would look--it was really heavy on the veggies (onions, cucumber, tomatoes, etc.), and the lasagna noodles were quite few. I expected it it to have layers of noodles with the veggies in between. Still, the dish was good, and I think it's perfect for those who are more health-conscious or are just looking for something light to eat. 

We went back to Little John's again for dinner the next day, and we were finally able to order their famous Baby Back Ribs. Just like most of the other restaurants at the Mile Hi Center, there weren't too many people at night. I suggest you come here during dinner time--it can get really crowded during lunch. 

My mom didn't feel like eating too much so she ordered a bowl of clam chowder instead, but after seeing the ribs that my dad, brother and I were eating, she suddenly felt bad for not ordering ribs for herself. 

Little John's Baby Back Ribs is a surefire winner. The ribs are very tender and juicy (um...tender juicy? Oops.), and are very tasty, even without the sauce. The sauce just makes it even more lip-smackingly delicious as it already is. The meat comes off the bone really easily, too! At only P185, Little John's Ribs are certainly more affordable; other places that sell ribs price theirs much higher. It can't get any better than that!

For the best ribs in Baguio and one of the best you'll ever have, I highly suggest Little John's. While they do have other items on their menu (some are good and some could still be improved on), it's the Baby Back Ribs that people really come here for. It's absolutely delicious and affordable--it's got the makings of the perfect dish.

To borrow (and change) some words from that 80s rap song "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot: I like their ribs and I cannot lie!

Little John's Convenience Outpost
Mile Hi Center, Camp John Hay, Baguio City

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...