Saturday, January 4, 2014

Just Desserts (Part 2): Morelli's Gelato at Shangri-la Plaza

Last Christmas (I gave you my heart) I blogged about this dessert place at the Power Plant Mall called Morelli's Gelato, a British gelato chain which opened its first shop here in the Philippines in 2012. After the new East Wing of the Shangri-la Plaza Mall opened in mid-2013, they opened up a second shop there as well, bringing this 106 year-old brand to another part of Metro Manila. 

We tried out their gelato last week and we loved it so much, we just knew we had to try them again in the future. After just a little over a week, we decided to give their gelato another try, but this time at their Shangri-la Plaza branch.


Morelli's branch at Shangri-la Plaza is definitely much bigger than the one at Rockwell. There were more tables and chairs, and the counter was much bigger, too. There was only one guy at the counter at Rockwell when we were there, while there were more employees stationed at Shangri-la. I also like how their branch is at the new East Wing of Shangri-la Plaza, where there are less people; the Power Plant Mall can be quite crowded at times. You can enjoy your gelato in peace.

Last week, I got a single scoop of their Tiramisu gelato. This time around I got two scoops--one was Banana and the other one was White Chocolate. As I already mentioned previously, getting "boring" ice cream flavors like Mango or Strawberry is a no-no for me. 

My parents and brother each got two scoops too, though they picked other flavors. I absolutely love their gelato! Both flavors that I got were really good; the Banana one was interesting but the White Chocolate-flavored one really stood out for me. There were actual HUGE chunks of white chocolate in my cup!

Yep, that's a huge chunk of pure white chocolate! That's not all of it though--there were smaller bits too, but this one was the biggest so I only took a photo of this one.

There are more tables and chairs on the other side of the counter. This branch is huge, compared to their other one at the Power Plant Mall in Rockwell.

Morelli's Gelato is absolutely amazing and I would certainly love to try them out again soon!

Morelli's Gelato
East Wing, Shangri-la Plaza, Mandaluyong City
Operating hours: Monday-Thursday: 11:00 am-9:00 pm; Friday: 11:00 am-10:00 pm; Saturday: 10:00 am-10:00 pm; Sunday: 10:00 am-9:00 pm
Other branch: Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Center, Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...